Homework has an important role in supporting and consolidating pupils learning and providing opportunities for pupils to extend and deepen their thinking through imaginative open ended activities.
Help your child
Below are the current years Homework grids for Years 2 to 6.
Below are many of the ways in which you can help your child achieve their best whilst at Askwith School.
- Attend Parents’ Evening – make another appointment if you are unable to attend
- Attend parent information evenings for ways in which to support your child
- Keep a check on your child’s reading record/diary
- Listen to your child read – preferably 3 to 5 times a week – research shows this leads to improved reading and writing skills
- Ensure your child is suitably dressed in school uniform, has suitable equipment and has appropriate clothing for PE
- Read our Newsletters and save them for future reference
- Visit our information board at the entrance to the school
- Check the school website regularly
- Provide a quiet environment for homework. Help your child if necessary. Numeracy and Literacy, particularly spelling, reading and tables will be a regular feature – please check your child’s bag for homework!
- Make an appointment with the Class Teacher or Mr Parker if you have any concerns or questions
Further Information / downloads:
New reading scheme for Phonic Bug and Bug Club
Visit the website : www.bugclub.co.uk