There is not a formal uniform, but all children are encouraged to wear navy and grey coloured clothing for school. Navy blue and pink sweatshirts with the school badge are available from the providers below.
Parents are asked to provide their child with suitable PE attire: shorts, shirt and pumps or trainers which should all be named. School T-shirts, polo shirts and book bags are also available from the providers below. Parents should ensure that fashion and leisure wear are avoided.
We celebrate high standards at Askwith, and love to see the children smartly turned out in their school uniform, ready to learn.
School sweatshirts, polo shirts and P.E. shirts are available from :
1. Sue Knowles Embroidery Services
Please click here for an order form which can be handed to school with a cheque payable to S. Knowles
You can buy everything else from high-street stores or supermarkets.
Children should wear black, grey or navy school skirts or trousers and girls may wear blue or pink gingham dresses in the summer.
All clothes should be clearly marked with your child’s name.
Our uniform is:
- Shirts, blouses or polo shirts in white or pale blue
- School sweatshirts or cardigans (with no motifs except the school badge)
- Trousers or skirts in grey
- Sensible black school shoes (no trainers please)
- Grey, white or black socks, or grey tights
Option for the summer:
- Plain white T-shirt, blue striped or ‘gingham’ dress for the girls
- Plain white T-shirt, royal blue shorts
- Black PE pumps
- Key Stage 2 pupils will need football boots or strong training shoes
Jewellery, make up, nail varnish and extreme hair styles are not allowed in school. Small stud earrings are permitted (at the discretion of the Headteacher) but must be taped up for P.E. with micro-pore tape, which parents should supply.
Please be aware that gel, hair spray etc can present a health risk in school so please do not put them on the children’s hair.